16 days ago
It is the mission of Benson Schools to provide a safe and welcoming learning community that prepares students to be competitive and productive citizens.
• We uphold traditional values such as: honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic.
• Respect is fundamental. Everyone in our school community is expected to treat others with respect.
• Benson Schools belong to the community. Connections and partnerships with the community are highly valued.
• We take pride in our past and honor the tradition of excellence established by our students and staff.
• We expect all students to be challenged and to perform at their highest level.
• We expect our students to continue their education. Post-secondary education may include trade and technical school, apprenticeships or college.
• Student activities promote success now and in the future. Student organizations, athletics and other extracurricular activities are essential.
• Quality staff is the foundation of successful schools. We are dedicated to finding, developing, and retaining people who model our values and guiding principles.
• Small classes provide the best environment for students and teachers.
• Our facilities and technology should reflect the high value we place on education.
• We respect the right of parents to make choices regarding their child's education. We are dedicated to making Benson Schools the best choice for all students.
Members of the BUSD Governing Board
2 days ago